Friday, February 13, 2009

the IXUS

Just right after coming back from my expedition to Mt. Stong...I got myself a Canon IXUS 980IS!!!! This is to replace my old chunky Canon S1 Powershot which I have grown tired of. My patience finally wears off after Stong since most of the pictures I've taken did not come out nice at all! I guess the aging 3.2 megapixels semi-pro cam couldnt do the trick anymore! To add to my frustration, I had to spend so much on changing the 4 AA batteries which the cam drains them dry just after only taking <35 shots! Of course I could get the lithium AA batteries which will last much longer, but those costs alot more!

There's so many other places I planned to visit this year and I definitely want something more reliable so that I can use to capture pictures of the places Ive visted, in hopes that the digital representation of the places can convey how nice/great/breathtaking/etc a place is! :D

Well I hope all that justifies the reason that I bought the IXUS. Btw the IXUS was not the model that I initially set out to buy.

I was in fact eyeing on Panasonic Lumix FX-180 for quite some time. Admittedly, I had a favouritism towards the Lumix since I had a satisfying experience using it...before it was stolen. I would have bought the FX-180 without considering the IXUS 980is...but just sooooooo apparently the shops that I went to in 1U did not have the color black! How disappointing! Because of that I looked around alittle and had my eyes forth on the IXUS which I come to think now that it's perhaps the better buy than the Lumix. I'm loving it so far ;]

Here's the new beau, please meet IXUS 980is ^^


And here are the features;


I took a few shots here and there, tried out some of the features, uploaded them to the computer, tested the TV output...doing just about all the common things one would do when you first buy something new with the aim to simply get a feel of it butttt come tomorrow... I'll be heading out to Broga Hills, a place famed for it's amazing scenary. Time to take the new cam out and put it to the test!

I'll post up the pictures when I get back!

No comments: